Top quality front channel theater speaker, hidden in the ceiling
The IC-6 HT uses a heavy-duty 6 ½-inch woofer that is angled 15 degrees towards the listening area, and Atlantic’s exclusive 1″ Low Resonance Tweeter that handles more of the sound spectrum than any other in-ceiling speaker for unmatched sound coverage. The ultra thin bezel design and magnetically attached grill make this the ultimate front stage LCR InCeiling speaker.
Front mounted Boundary Compensation and Tweeter level controls ensure ideal sound wherever they’re mounted. The unique Boundary Compensation Control reduces the undesirable build-up of mid-bass frequencies when the speaker is placed too close to a side wall.
Medium Room Size
- Unique Atlantic design makes this speaker sound like our best front-facing box speakers
- Heavy-duty 6 1/2″ woofer is angled at listening area
- Atlantic’s exclusive Low-Resonance Tweeter handles more of the sound spectrum for wide-angle coverage
- Boundary Compensation Control reduces mid-bass build-up when speaker is mounted too close to side wall
- Optional back-box, new construction bracket,and square grills sold separately
The IC-6 HT is a no-excuse, high-performance speaker perfectly suited to front-stage LCR use in a home theater. It has a discreet profile with an ultra thin bezel design and magnetically attached grilles which balances with its superb drive units and audiophile-grade crossover to give it a level of sonic refinement and detail not usually associated with ceiling speakers.
The key to its great LCR performance is its precisely-angled woofer. The woofer is angled at 15º to so it can direct the critically-important midrange and vocals right at the listening area for precise imaging and intelligibility. In addition, the 1-inch soft-dome tweeter is also “aimable,” so the full frequency range of the front theater channels remains perfectly focused.
The IC-6 HT features a mica-loaded polypropylene woofer cone, rubber surround, high-temperature voice coil, advanced computer optimized crossover, gold-plated heavy-duty connectors, and simple rotating clamp mounting.
• Mica-Loaded Polypropylene cone: Polypropylene has physical properties that make it ideal for loudspeaker drivers and consequently is found in many of the world’s finest loudspeakers. Its combination of stiffness and strength-to-weight ratio means that it results in a more precise and defined sound reproduction.
• Soft-dome tweeter: Another feature often found in the world’s finest loudspeakers. The low mass of treated cloth and its self-damping properties deliver more accurate sound with less distortion.
• Boundary compensation: This control adjusts the speaker’s sound to compensate for the presence or absence of upper bass/lower midrange reinforcement on the sound that is introduced by nearby walls (a “Boundary”).
• Adjustable tweeter: The tweeter in the Atlantic Technology 6 HT is “aimable,” so you can direct the sound towards the listening area when using them as front theater LCR speakers.
• Stable tweeter bridge mounting: The tweeters in our ceiling loudspeakers are mounted on an extremely stable bridge rather than on a central “pole” as found in conventional designs. This mounting method is less prone to resonance and vibration than a central pole tweeter mount, resulting in cleaner sound especially at high listening levels.
|Outer Diameter||9 5⁄8″ (244mm)|
|Cutout Diameter||8″ (202mm)|
|Mounting Depth||5 1⁄16″ (128mm)|
|Frequency Response||45 – 22kHz|
|Woofer||6 ½” (165mm) Polypropylene|
|Tweeter||1″ (25mm) LRT™ silk dome|
|Nominal Impedance||6 ohms|
|Sensitivity||(1 watt/1 meter) 88dB|
|Recommended Power||10 – 125 Watts RMS|
|(Optional) New Construction Kit||IC-NC-TLC-6 (Avail Feb 2016)|
|(Optional) Ceiling Back Box||IC-BOX-6/8|
|(Optional) Square Grills||SQ-GRILLS-6 (9 3/8 inches)|