Transmitter for Toslink and Coax S/PDIF audio [ TVs etc. ]
Talisa is a transmitter for TV. Talisa connects to a digital audio output, common on TVs, called S/PDIF. S/PDIF output also shows up on gear other than TVs. DVD and Blu-ray players, for example. A number of computers have it too and so do many high-end music players. Some of these have their S/PDIF output in optical format and others in electrical format. Talisa works with both. What a keener.
Free Ground Shipping | 30-Day Return Policy
If you’re so inclined, you can teach your Talisa how to listen to your TV remote control — your remote will then control Volume and Mute of all SKAA speakers you’ve got bonded to your Talisa.
Talisa’s audio connector is dual purpose. I know it looks like a 3.5 mm headphone jack, but watch out, it’s not that at all. It’s actually a dual format S/PDIF input jack. The optical flavour of S/PDIF is usually called Toslink — Talisa supports it. The electrical flavour of S/PDIF is usually called Coax — Talisa supports that too. S/PDIF stands for Sony/Philips Digital Interface Format, after its two inventors. Boy-oh-boy was that ever a bad coin toss for Philips — in a parallel universe this thingy is called P/SDIF. Anyway, It’s pure digital audio. We like it because it moves the audio from your TV (or whatever that thingamabobber is you’ve got spewing out S/PDIF) into Talisa completely unaltered — a pristine, unmucked-with digital audio stream.
- SKAA transmitter for S/PDIF digital audio
- Works with both coax and optical (Toslink)
- Works with 2-channel 44.1 or 48 kHz PCM uncompressed S/PDIF digital audio, but not encoded multichannel audio streams
- Sends audio to up to 4 receivers
- Use the remote you already own to control volume and mute
- Use up to 5 transmitters in the same area
- No pairing
- 35 meters (100 feet) indoor range
- Low latency, great for watching TV, movies and playing games
- Power from any USB port
- Ships with SKAA OS 2.4 works with all receivers running SKAA OS 2.1 or newer (if you’re not sure what version you have, go to TLC, send us a note and just ask)
- Free Shipping
- For how-to Youtube videos, please subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/SKAAwireless